[Mediawiki-l] Mediawiki extension API

Jean-Christian Imbeault jci at gol.com
Mon Dec 6 11:10:22 UTC 2004

I've read the meta-wiki information page on writing your own mediawiki
extension but I have a question on behaviour.

If you write and extension does the tag (extension) get evaluated every
time the article (page) is loaded or just once and then stored in the DB
as is?

Is it's the latter, is it possible to have truly dynamic content using
media wiki? By this I mean writing an extension that will generated
(possibly) different content every time the article is requested.

I have content that is generated every day on my server and I would like
to have it loaded into an article. I've written an extension that does
this but it seems that the content is just loaded once, and then saved
to the DB. I'd like to write something that went and *always* fetch the
content dynamically off my site system (or whatnot).

Thanks,

Jean