[Mediawiki-l] Trouble setting up Mediawiki

Rik Serpentier Rik.Serpentier at vmw.be
Fri Dec 3 13:05:50 UTC 2004

Hi,

As complete newbie to MediaWiki I have some trouble setting up the
software on a Apple PB G4, OS X 10.3.6, php 4.3.4 and MySQL 4.1.7

After completing the setupform I get the following result in IE 5.2 :

MediaWiki 1.3.8 installation
Please include all of the lines below when reporting installation problems.
Checking environment...
*PHP 4.3.4: ok
*PHP server API is apache; ok, using pretty URLs ( index.php/Page_Title)
*Have XML / Latin1-UTF-8 conversion support.
*PHP is configured with no memory_limit.*Have zlib support; enabling
output compression.
*Found GD graphics library built-in, image thumbnailing will be enabled if
you enable uploads.
*Installation directory:  /Users/admin/Sites/mediawiki
*Script URI path:  /~admin/mediawiki
*Connected as root (automatic)
*Connected to database... 4.1.7-debug; enabling MySQL 4 enhancements
*Database  wikidb exists
*There are already MediaWiki tables in this database. Checking if updates
are needed...
...ipblocks is up to date.
...already have interwiki table
...indexes seem up to 20031107 standards
...have linkscc table.
...linkscc is up to date, or does not exist. Good.
...have hitcounter table.
Converting links table to ID-ID...
Sorry! The wiki is experiencing some technical difficulties, and cannot
contact the database server.

Running setup from within Apple's Safari-browser results in :

Safari can’t open the page
“http://localhost/~admin/mediawiki/config/index.php”.

The error was: “bad server response” (NSURLErrorDomain:-1011)

Do you have any tips to resolve this ?

Apparantly all tables and users were created in MySQL

Kind regards.

Rik Serpentier
adjunct-afdelingschef Informatica
Gewestelijke Directie West-Vlaanderen
Roggelaan 2
8500 Kortrijk
+32 (0)56 23 17 43 (rechtstreeks nummer)
Bezoek onze website : www.vmw.be