[Mediawiki-l] Save mode and File uploading

John Yu jyu at objectmastery.com
Fri Dec 3 01:54:45 UTC 2004

Hi,

When I installed Mediawiki, it warned me my ISP's php is in save mode.
So, I changed the /images directory to 777 as suggested and the
installation proceeded ok. But now when I tried to upload an image, it
failed with the error:

  Could not copy file "/tmp/phpsBKyBW" to

"/home/wikiphoto_trial/htdocs/wiki/images/temp/0/0e/20041203005505!Printer_Test_file.jpg".

with the details shown at the top:

  Warning: move_upload_file(): SAVE MODE Restriction in effect. The
script whose uid is 1090 is not allowed to access
/home/wikiphoto_trial/htdocs/wiki/images/temp owned by uid 1001 in
/home/wikiphoto_trial/htdocs/wiki/includes/SpecialUpload.php on line 334

I check the owner of my images/temp directory and it is not owned by me.
The owner is "Webadmin". it seems it was created by the Apache process
and php doesn't like it. What should I do now?

p.s. I'm sorry if this question has been asked and answered by others
before. I don't know how to search the mailing list archive.

Thanks
--
John