[Mediawiki-l] Newbie : full text search

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Fri Dec 3 01:17:18 UTC 2004

On Dec 2, 2004, at 1:57 PM, Plamen Gradinarov wrote:
>  Here is where I failed twice. First, because I've run short of disk
> space (/var was allotted only 6.9 GB), second, because I didn't
> realise the process will take more than 30 hours, so killed the beast,
> run repare db and all links (about 12 mln) disappeared.:-(

Incidentally, fulltext index building is *much* slower in MySQL 3.x
than it is in 4.x. If you're running 3.x because that's what your Linux
distribution shipped, I highly recommend upgrading to 4.0.22 and using
that instead. (Avoid 4.1 unless you really need it; it's broken
backwards compatibility for a number of things and there are some nasty
pitfalls.)

If you're already running 4.x, well, take heart. It would be *even
worse* on 3.x. ;)

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)