[Mediawiki-l] Newbie : full text search

Plamen Gradinarov plamen at orientalia.org
Thu Dec 2 21:57:47 UTC 2004

> Thanks , the example said "wikiadmin" and the default seems to be
"wikiuser" !!!

First. You have to put the database username, say wikibase, and the database
name, say, wikibase_fr, the same you put when creating your particular
database. Make sure that they have all necessary permissions.

Second. If intending to run php rebuildtextindex.php, take into account that
the process is extremely CPU intensive, especially its second part. After
creating the redirect, etc. links, and counting over 500, the real full-text
indexing starts with the message "Rebuild the index..." Here is where I
failed twice. First, because I've run short of disk space (/var was allotted
only 6.9 GB), second, because I didn't realise the process will take more
than 30 hours, so killed the beast, run repare db and all links (about 12
mln) disappeared.:-(

Well, repetitio mater studiorum est. :-)

Plamen