[Mediawiki-l] Squid + Apache only logging client 127.0.0.1?

Patrick Atoon patricka at rapdict.org
Thu Dec 2 20:50:50 UTC 2004

Howdy,

I'm running Squid 2.5 (as http_accellerator), Apache 2.0.52 and
Mediawiki 1.3.8. My original setup (/wiki/index.php/...) used to
work brilliantly, but I have rearranged stuff so it runs nicely
without the "/wiki" or "/index.php/" bit. Works like a charm on
first sight.

On closer inspection, everyones client IP-address is "127.0.0.1",
which matches the Apache access_log. The Squid access_log displays
the client IP-address correctly, so my guess would be that Squid
somehow doesn't pass on the client IP address. The strange thing
is that I could swear that I didn't touch Squid's settings or
restarted it and it passed on the right IP address just fine
before I started fiddling with the Apache setup. So logic would
dictate it is something in Apache... But disabling all RewriteRules
does not bring back the correct client IP-addresses, which seems
to point the finger back to Squid...

Can anyone hint me where to start looking, or does anyone recognize
these symptoms? I've been up and down the squid.conf and httpd.conf,
but most settings make perfect sense.

Greetings,

Patrick

   Patrick Atoon ___________________ mailto:patricka at rapdict.org