[Mediawiki-l] Enabeling Full Text Searching

Baeckeroot alain al2.baeckeroot at laposte.net
Thu Dec 2 17:43:35 UTC 2004

Hi wonderfull wikimedia world

Le Dimanche 28 Novembre 2004 02:46, Brion Vibber a écrit :
> On Nov 27, 2004, at 5:24 PM, Andrew Reberry wrote:
> > I would really like full text indexing to be installed so advanced
> > searching
.../...
> The fulltext index is on the 'searchindex' table.
>
> If you've imported text from one of the Wikipedia dumps, you'll need to
> regenerate the searchindex entries with rebuildtextindex.php (in the
> maintenance directory).
>
> -- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

First i want to thanks you for that incredibly nice wikimedia.

I have a local installation, rebuild with the french-text-dump.sql
and it works fine . As i need full text search (for the moment i htdig a
local static dump ;) I try to use the "rebuildtextindex.php" but it
does'nt works (at least the way i want;)

when i click on
http://localhost/pedia/maintenance/rebuildtextindex.php
 it says :
This script must be run from the command line

hmm, well. How do i run that from command line ?
(i have mediawiki-1.3.8 on sarge)

regards
Alain (Dakar)