[Mediawiki-l] Full text search

Plamen Gradinarov plamen at orientalia.org
Thu Dec 2 08:20:55 UTC 2004

Plamen Gradinarov a écrit :

>>You probably at least need to change the following parameters in my.cnf
>>(MySQL only indexes words of length >= 4 by default:
>>
>>[mysqld]
>>ft_min_word_len=3
>
>I didn't set this variable and yet the searchindex table contains words
like
>"aaa", "ada", "yr", "tl", "ei", "xz", "rz", "lw", etc.

< It's the mediawiki software which put this words in the search index
table, but that does not mean mysql can handle it. You have to change
your my.cnf.>

Thank you.
Wouldn't that drammatically affect the size of the index and slow down the
server? Even now I am having trouble with the Special:Search - the pages do
often hang on, the CPU load soars and the result is:
"Cannot find server or DNS Error"

- Plamen