[Mediawiki-l] Language Issue

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Thu Dec 2 01:52:55 UTC 2004

On Dec 1, 2004, at 11:59 AM, Leonide Principe wrote:
> I have configured a MediaWIki script in our server, and it work very
> well.
> The only problem is the default language that I choose for it. This is
> Portuguese and all letters with accent or special letters dont appears.

The letters in page text, or the letters in the user interface text?
Can you confirm that the browser is reading in UTF-8? Can you confirm
that the LanguagePt.php file was not corrupted on upload? (A
"conversion" from for instance MacRoman to ISO-8859-1 will irreversible
corrupt the data.)

If your site is public, can you give the URL so we can examine it?

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)