[Mediawiki-l] Full text search

Nick Triantos nick at triantos.com
Wed Dec 1 23:36:16 UTC 2004

You probably at least need to change the following parameters in my.cnf
(MySQL only indexes words of length >= 4 by default:

[mysqld]
ft_min_word_len=3

[myisamchk]
ft_min_word_len=3

Stop and restart your mysql server, of course.

You'll also need to rebuild your search index, there's a script to do
that in the maintenance area.

regards,
-Nick