[Mediawiki-l] MediaWiki Hack: dotdot syntax for subpages

John Andrews john_b_andrews at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 1 18:04:17 UTC 2004

I hacked Parser.php to support standard unix
dotdot syntax to reference pages up the subpage
hierarchy.  This is probably most useful for
intranet usage (I'm assuming subpages are used
more heavily in intranets).

With this hack, you can create links like this:

    [[../../somePage]]

And MediaWiki will do the right thing.

My implementation is not good.  This was my first
foray into PHP and I found debugging to be a
nightmare so I quit as soon as I got a working
solution. :-(

Anyway, there are a few limitations on the syntax
this implementation accepts, as noted in the code.
It might be useful for this feature to be added to
the standard MediaWiki distribution (with an
improved implementation).

I've attached a diff from Parser.php (1.3.8).

Thanks,

JA