[Mediawiki-l] Setup problems (Redefined constants/blank page)

Patrick Aland paland at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 02:01:50 UTC 2004

I'm attempting to setup Mediawiki 1.3.8 on an OpenBSD 3.6 box running
apache 1.3.33 and MySQL 4.0.18

When I first try to install it after filling in the information on the
config/index.php page I get the following:

MediaWiki 1.3.8 installation
Please include all of the lines below when reporting installation problems.

Checking environment...
PHP 4.3.9: ok
PHP server API is apache; ok, using pretty URLs (index.php/Page_Title)
Have XML / Latin1-UTF-8 conversion support.
PHP is configured with no memory_limit.
Have zlib support; enabling output compression.
Found GD graphics library built-in, image thumbnailing will be enabled
if you enable uploads.
Installation directory: /home3/codemonk/www/kb.monkylabs.com/wiki
Script URI path: /wiki
Notice: Constant NS_MEDIA already defined in
/home3/codemonk/www/kb.monkylabs.com/wiki/includes/Namespace.php on
line 8

Notice: Constant NS_SPECIAL already defined in
/home3/codemonk/www/kb.monkylabs.com/wiki/includes/Namespace.php on
line 9

Notice: Constant NS_MAIN already defined in
/home3/codemonk/www/kb.monkylabs.com/wiki/includes/Namespace.php on
line 12

Notice: Constant NS_TALK already defined in
/home3/codemonk/www/kb.monkylabs.com/wiki/includes/Namespace.php on
line 13

Notice: Constant NS_USER already defined in
/home3/codemonk/www/kb.monkylabs.com/wiki/includes/Namespace.php on
line 14

Notice: Constant NS_USER_TALK already defined in
/home3/codemonk/www/kb.monkylabs.com/wiki/includes/Namespace.php on
line 15

Notice: Constant NS_WP already defined in
/home3/codemonk/www/kb.monkylabs.com/wiki/includes/Namespace.php on
line 16

Notice: Constant NS_WIKIPEDIA already defined in
/home3/codemonk/www/kb.monkylabs.com/wiki/includes/Namespace.php on
line 17

Notice: Constant NS_WP_TALK already defined in
/home3/codemonk/www/kb.monkylabs.com/wiki/includes/Namespace.php on
line 18

Notice: Constant NS_WIKIPEDIA_TALK already defined in
/home3/codemonk/www/kb.monkylabs.com/wiki/includes/Namespace.php on
line 19

Notice: Constant NS_IMAGE already defined in
/home3/codemonk/www/kb.monkylabs.com/wiki/includes/Namespace.php on
line 20

Notice: Constant NS_IMAGE_TALK already defined in
/home3/codemonk/www/kb.monkylabs.com/wiki/includes/Namespace.php on
line 21

Notice: Constant NS_MEDIAWIKI already defined in
/home3/codemonk/www/kb.monkylabs.com/wiki/includes/Namespace.php on
line 22

Notice: Constant NS_MEDIAWIKI_TALK already defined in
/home3/codemonk/www/kb.monkylabs.com/wiki/includes/Namespace.php on
line 23

Notice: Constant NS_TEMPLATE already defined in
/home3/codemonk/www/kb.monkylabs.com/wiki/includes/Namespace.php on
line 24

Notice: Constant NS_TEMPLATE_TALK already defined in
/home3/codemonk/www/kb.monkylabs.com/wiki/includes/Namespace.php on
line 25

Notice: Constant NS_HELP already defined in
/home3/codemonk/www/kb.monkylabs.com/wiki/includes/Namespace.php on
line 26

Notice: Constant NS_HELP_TALK already defined in
/home3/codemonk/www/kb.monkylabs.com/wiki/includes/Namespace.php on
line 27

Notice: Constant NS_CATEGORY already defined in
/home3/codemonk/www/kb.monkylabs.com/wiki/includes/Namespace.php on
line 28

Notice: Constant NS_CATEGORY_TALK already defined in
/home3/codemonk/www/kb.monkylabs.com/wiki/includes/Namespace.php on
line 29

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class namespace in
/home3/codemonk/www/kb.monkylabs.com/wiki/includes/Namespace.php on
line 57

If I edit the config/index.php and specify absolute paths for the 3
require_once statements instead of the default ../includes setup
completes.
However when I go to what should be the front page I just get a blank page.
Any ideas? PHP is set to log errors (I've got a page missing a ; just
to test that error logging is in fact working) but viewing the wiki
main page doesn't log anything.

Thanks