[Mediawiki-l] Installation hangs...

Mela Eckenfels webmail at mela.de
Sun Aug 29 12:13:55 UTC 2004

Hello,

I tried to install MediaWiki at my webserver (normal webhosting), than it
hangs during the installation process..

Output:

Checking environment...

PHP 4.3.8: ok
PHP server API is cgi; using ugly URLs (index.php?title=Page_Title)
Have XML / Latin1-UTF-8 conversion support.
PHP's memory_limit is 30M. If this is too low, installation may fail!
Have zlib support; enabling output compression.
Found GD graphics library built-in, image thumbnailing will be enabled if you
enable uploads.
Installation directory: /homepages/21/d11819252/htdocs/sub/wildpflanzen
Script URI path: /sub/wildpflanzen

I checked config/index.php with the method previously mentioned on this List
(the die statement) an find out that all looks fine till line 392:

                        switch( $err ) {
                        case 1045:
                                if( $conf->Root ) {
                                        $errs["RootPW"] = "Check password";
... and so on.

Any suggestions?

(I do activate error-logging too, but no error was logged...)

Greetings,

Mela