[Mediawiki-l] MediaWiki namespace

wikisysop at drumcorpswiki.com wikisysop at drumcorpswiki.com
Fri Aug 27 20:30:22 UTC 2004

Greetings list users,

I'm having a slight problem with the MediaWiki system I installed.
According to documentation, I should be able to edit messages within the
language by editing pages such as MediaWiki:newpageletter, in this case to
change the way a new page is designated in the "recently updated" log.

After installing I changed the variable that names the website in
LocalSettings.php from MediaWiki to DrumCorpsWiki.

Editing neither MediaWiki:newpageletter nor DrumCorpsWiki:newpageletter
actually changes the display.  The only way I found to change this page,
and others in the namespace (like the text that is displayed when a page
is not found), is to edit the language file directly.  This method seems
to be frowned upon as there is a warning within the language file.

Sorry for the vagueness; I don't have the specific file names handy and
can't access them from my current location.

Please take a look and let me know if I have done something wrong.

The site where the software is installed is:

http://www.drumcorpswiki.com/

Alternatively, http://phpcgi.drumcorpswiki.com/ is the same installation
with PHP running as a CGI to get around some other issues I had with
uploading.

You can view my PHP info at http://www.drumcorpswiki.com/phpinfo.php or
http://phpcgi.drumcorpswiki.com/phpinfo.php

Thanks for your assistance!