[Mediawiki-l] AdSense code not crediting

Sterling D. Allan sterlingda at pureenergysystems.com
Fri Aug 27 01:24:54 UTC 2004

(sterlingda at greaterthings.com)

I was able to successfully integrate the AdSense code into my navigation column at PESWiki.com, and the ads are appearing, however, the click-through are not crediting to my account, according to my channel stats.  They did work for a while when I first installed them two days ago.  My stats show that I pulled in some clicks and revenue on Aug. 24.  The site traffic has been increasing, but the AdSense stats for Aug. 25 and 26 show null.

I'm stumped.  I've checked and triple checked the code, re-creating it from the Google site and trying several variations of options, inserting the code exactly as given me from Google.

Any ideas as to why it might not be functioning correctly now?

Here is an excerpt of the code as defined in the xhtml_slimp.pt file.

  <h5>Advertisement</h5>
<script type="text/javascript"><!--
google_ad_client = "pub-2123041442112459";
google_alternate_ad_url = "http://www.pureenergysystems.com/advertising/Google/AdSense/alt_ad.htm";
google_ad_width = 120;
google_ad_height = 600;
google_ad_format = "120x600_as";
google_ad_channel ="7870537437";
google_ad_type = "text_image";
google_color_border = "FFFFFF";
google_color_bg = "FFFFFF";
google_color_link = "6600FF";
google_color_url = "008000";
google_color_text = "000000";
//--></script>
<script type="text/javascript"
  src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">
</script>

When you go to check it, please be aware that it may be different from the above as I will be trying different Google settings to trouble shoot.

By the way, the alternate ad URL above did not open into a full screen when I clicked on it to test it after creating it for the first time.  It opened as if in a frame in the Wiki panel, the rest of the page staying the same.  What fixed that was to define target="_parent" in the hyperlinks.

Thanks,

Sterling