[Mediawiki-l] Way to recover from corrupt databases?

Nick Triantos nick at triantos.com
Tue Aug 24 04:19:58 UTC 2004

Hi,

I just installed mediawiki a week ago.  I love the product, but
something seems to be very wrong with the sql databases on which the
wiki is driven.  I've gotten corruption about 5 times already.  Now,
when I browse to the wiki server, Firefox doesn't even return an empty
page, it looks like php is hanging or crashing (not sure which).

Is there any way to somewhat manually recover data from the databases?
Is there any way to meaningfully export and re-import the data?

Thanks,
-Nick Triantos

p.s. - I'm running mysql 4.0.18 on FreeBSD 4.10.  Really no idea why the
databases keep going corrupt.  I just updated to mysql 4.0.20 in hopes
that that'll prevent future problems.