[Mediawiki-l] 1.3.1 installation hangs up after Script URI path no memory problem

Burgy Zapp bzapp at rlpserver.de
Mon Aug 23 20:28:54 UTC 2004

Thanks for the feedback Marko Faas,
thried it with a PHP memory limit of 32M
and still doesn´t work. It is at least in my case not a memory problem.

And therefore are still looking for help
So please help if you can!!!

So now I have
Op za 21-08-2004, om 05:43 schreef Burgy Zapp:
> Have been fighting the hole night gave up when sun woke up again.
>
> this is the report of the install script:
> _____________________________________begin line 1

a.. PHP 4.3.4: ok
a.. Warning: PHP's register_globals option is enabled. MediaWiki will work
correctly, but this setting increases your exposure to potential security
vulnerabilities in PHP-based software running on your server. You should
disable it if you are able.
a.. PHP server API is cgi; using ugly URLs (index.php?title=Page_Title)
a.. Have XML / Latin1-UTF-8 conversion support.
a.. PHP's memory_limit is 32M. If this is too low, installation may fail!
a.. Have zlib support; enabling output compression.
a.. Found GD graphics library built-in, image thumbnailing will be enabled
if you enable uploads.
a.. Installation directory:
/home/kunstibw/www.kunstbewegung.info/kulturprogramme
a.. Script URI path: /kulturprogramme
> _____________________________________end
>
> then install gives up and page is never completed
>
> I read through the complete discussions about install problems and to
picked
> up several idears like
> solution 1 ob_implicit_flush();
> and solution 2 die("Got this far"); debugging
> took me a while but I found out that depending on which language I choose
> the breaking point in the script is at a different line
> in setup.php

 _____________________________________begin line 149
 # if language is german latin1 code processing stops here     die("Got this
 far");
 # between here and
 wfProfileOut( $fname.'-database' );
 wfProfileIn( $fname.'-language' );
 require_once( 'languages/Language.php' );
 $wgMessageCache = new MessageCache;
 # there for german latin language
 _____________________________________end
 _____________________________________begin line 178
 # if language is english code processing stopps here     die("Got this
 far");
 $wgMessageCache->initialise( $messageMemc, $wgUseDatabaseMessages,
 $wgMsgCacheExpiry, $wgDBname, $wgSecondaryMessageDB );
 _____________________________________end

and it is defenetly not a php memory problem which is no limited to 32mb

> PLEASE help any solution eg "installation by hand" will be wellcomed with
> enormouse joy.

> here is a php info http://www.rlpdatenatelier.de/serverinfo/phpinfo.php
> the installation of wiki will be here
> www.kunstbewegung.info/kulturprogramme/
> but the information in the phpinfo.php is nevertheless the same server
etc.

Thank you for any help with best greatings from Berlin
your burgy zapp