[Mediawiki-l] modifying navigation links

Sterling D. Allan sterlingda at pureenergysystems.com
Sat Aug 21 14:51:46 UTC 2004

As I study the code in the template/xhtml_slimt.pt document, I'm stumped as
to how the syntax relates to how the files are named for the end user.

The file [[Main_Page]] for the end user, in the wiki, points to the home
page of the wiki.

But in the xhtml_slimt.pt file, that page is defined as follows:

       <li id="n-mainpage"><a href="${nav_urls/mainpage/href}"
  i18n:translate="string:mainpage">Main Page</a></li>

What I want to do is add more links in the navigation box to the main
departments at peswiki.com

To wit:

*[[Main_Page|Main Page]]
*[http://pureenergysystems.com PES Home]
*[[Top10]]
*[[News]]
*[[Current events|Events]]
*[[OS|Open source energy]]
*[[Directory]]
*[[PowerPedia|Encyclopedia]]
*[[Academy]]
*[[Store]]
*[[Classifieds]]
*[[Latest]]
*[[Special:Recentchanges|Recent changes]]
*[[Special:Randompage|Random page]]

Your assistance in helping figure out how the syntax works would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks

Sterling