[Mediawiki-l] install 1.3.1 hangs

Marko Faas argus at dds.nl
Thu Aug 19 23:24:52 UTC 2004

Hello,

While I had no problems on one server, I do have problems on another.
The install of 1.3.1 hangs and I am a bit puzzled why.

This is the install report:

Checking environment...
        Warning: set_time_limit(): Cannot set time limit in safe mode in
        /home/httpd/vhosts/xxxxxx.com/httpdocs/install-utils.inc on line
        26
      * PHP 4.3.3: ok
      * Warning: PHP's register_globals option is enabled. MediaWiki
        will work correctly, but this setting increases your exposure to
        potential security vulnerabilities in PHP-based software running
        on your server. You should disable it if you are able.
      * Warning: PHP's safe mode is active! You will likely have
        problems caused by this. You may need to make the 'images'
        subdirectory writable or specify a TMP environment variable
        pointing to a writable temporary directory owned by you, since
        safe mode breaks the system temporary directory.
      * PHP server API is apache2handler; ok, using pretty URLs
        (index.php/Page_Title)
      * Have XML / Latin1-UTF-8 conversion support.
      * PHP's memory_limit is 8M. If this is too low, installation may
        fail! Attempting to raise limit to 20M... failed.
      * Have zlib support; enabling output compression.
      * Found GD graphics library built-in, image thumbnailing will be
        enabled if you enable uploads.
      * Installation directory: /home/httpd/vhosts/xxxxxxxx.com/httpdocs
      * Script URI path:
        Warning: $wgProxyKey is insecure

Has anyone any idea?

Thanks!