[Mediawiki-l] is there a macro/template for monetary inflation?

Dan Kelley Dan.Kelley at Dal.Ca
Wed Aug 18 17:03:01 UTC 2004

In a wiki I'm working on, there are some prices of old computers.  (I
want to make the point, to my students, that computers have gotten a
lot cheaper since the days when I was a lad.)

It would be great to have a macro that would do dollar conversions from
an arbitrary year to the present day (or to another arbitrary year).
Such things exist on the web as excel spreadsheets, etc., so the data
are available.

Q: does mediawiki have this already?  I guess I could just write the
PHP code myself and put it in my own wiki setup, but it would make
sense to use something pre-existing.

Dan E. Kelley, Associate Professor                phone:(902)494-1694
Oceanography Department, Dalhousie University       fax:(902)494-2885
Halifax, Nova Scotia                         mailto:Dan.Kelley at Dal.CA
Canada B3H 4J1   http://www.phys.ocean.dal.ca/~kelley/Kelley_Dan.html