[Mediawiki-l] Help with ImageMagick on Windows

Kenneth Rainey kip.rainey at incapital.com
Wed Aug 18 14:41:52 UTC 2004

If anyone has successfully configured their wiki to work with ImageMagick on a windows platform, I could use a few moments of guidance. I'm trying to set up the thumbnailing functionality, but every time I test it, I can't get ImageMagick to write the file.

I'm running a development environment on my laptop with the following components:

Windows 2000 Workstation
Apache 2.0.50
MySql 4.0.20a-debug
PHP 4.3.8
MediaWiki 1.2.6
ImageMagick 6.0.4-Q16

Here's the error I get:

-------
Warning:  stat(): Stat failed for c:\inetpub\wwwroot\wiki/images/thumb/2/2d/50px-test.jpg (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\wiki\includes\Skin.php on line 1634
Warning:  unlink(c:\inetpub\wwwroot\wiki/images/thumb/2/2d/50px-test.jpg): No such file or directory in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\wiki\includes\Skin.php on line 1638
-------

The directory path it's using is correct. The file it's looking for, however, doesn't exist, and I assume that the problem is in how I configured my settings file to use ImageMagick.

Here's the ImageMagick lines from localSettings.php:

## To enable image uploads, make sure the 'images' directory
## is writable, then uncomment this:
$wgDisableUploads  = false;
$wgUseImageResize  = true;
$wgUseImageMagick = true;
$wgImageMagickConvertCommand = "c:\program files\ImageMagick-6.0.4-Q16";

I'm a wiki and php neophyte... Can someone offer some tips to help solve this configuration problem?

Thanks,

Kenneth Rainey