[Mediawiki-l] Google AdSense presently incompatible with wiki

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Tue Aug 17 01:30:26 UTC 2004

Sterling D. Allan wrote:
> For your information:
> (I've added this to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AdSense )

I have removed this false, misleading, and irrelevant information from
the article.

> Hello Sterling,
>
> Thank you for your email. Please note that our ad code is JavaScript code.
> Unfortunately, wikis do not support JavaScript code.

This is completely and patently false. You can put whatever you want in
the output code (in Skin.php) or MonoBook template (xhtml_slim.pt) of
your wiki. _End users_ cannot write arbitrary JavaScript _in wiki pages_.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)