[Mediawiki-l] possible to permit searches on 3 or fewer words?

dan kelley Dan.Kelley at Dal.Ca
Sun Aug 15 22:38:00 UTC 2004

I want to let my users search for 3-letter queries (which are common
for acronyms used in my wiki).  Is there some reason for the setting
	$wgDBminWordLen     = 4;
in the file
	DefaultSettings.php
and would anything be harmed if I changed that line to assign a value
of 3?

I'm a bit reluctant to do this, in case there might be unforseen
problems ensuing.  (I note that the error message implies not that
short search items are prevented by choice, but rather by necessity ...
that's why I'm a little scared to change the line without advice.)

Dan E. Kelley, Associate Professor                phone:(902)494-1694
Oceanography Department, Dalhousie University       fax:(902)494-2885
Halifax, Nova Scotia                         mailto:Dan.Kelley at Dal.CA
Canada B3H 4J1   http://www.phys.ocean.dal.ca/~kelley/Kelley_Dan.html