[Mediawiki-l] changing license- cacheing problem?

Graham Seaman graham at theseamans.net
Sat Aug 14 23:12:49 UTC 2004

Hi,

I've just installed 1.3.0 (upgrading from a beta) and have got stuck
trying to change the
license statement which appears in the footer on editing. I want to
replace 'FDL' with
'Public Domain'.
During installation I selected 'none' for the license statement, but it
inserted the GNU FDL
message anyway. I couldn't work out any way to edit the copyrightwarning
variable in
Special:Allmessages, so I hand edited the Language.php file instead to
replace FDL with
Public Domain. No change in the output page. I edited the messages in
the objectcache table;
on editing the original message gets replaced in the table. I assume
it's been cached somewhere, but can't  work out where: I've deleted the
template file in /tmp, stopped and started apache,
rebooted the system, grepped wildly... no luck. Can anyone tell me where
I should be looking?

Thanks for any help
Graham