[Mediawiki-l] PHP error

Jorgen Bodde jorgb at xs4all.nl
Sat Aug 14 21:08:20 UTC 2004

Hi list,

I have been using MediaWiki for a day now and I just added my main page.
The first time saving was ok, but now everytime I want to edit a new
page and press save or preview I get this PHP error:

*Fatal error*: session_start(): Failed to initialize storage module. in
*/home/virtual/site155/fst/var/www/html/codeshop/wiki/includes/User.php*
on line *146

*This is some file I didn't edited, so I am sure the error is not caused
by me.When this happens, everything locks up and I Cannot do anything
anymore for this session. Here is some config info maybe it is useful:

Warning: set_time_limit(): Cannot set time limit in safe mode in
/home/virtual/site155/fst/var/www/html/codeshop/wiki/install-utils.inc
on line 26
# PHP 4.3.4 ok
# PHP server API is apache; ok, using pretty URLs (index.php/Page_Title)
# Have zlib support; enabling output compression.
# Found GD graphics library built-in, image thumbnailing will be enabled
if you enable uploads.
# Installation directory:
/home/virtual/site155/fst/var/www/html/codeshop/wiki
# Script URI path: /codeshop/wiki
# MySQL error 1045: Access denied for user: 'root at localhost' (Using
password: NO)
# Trying regular user... ok.
# Connected to database... 3.23.58
# Database solidsteel_nl_-_ourdata exists
# Creating tables... done.
# Initializing data...
# Created sysop account WikiSysop.
# Initialising log pages...
#

Initialising "MediaWiki" namespace...
Reading....done
Setting up....Done
Processing...Done
Writing...Done
Writing to MediaWiki:All_messages
Finished

Creating LocalSettings.php...

Success! Move the LocalSettings.php file into the parent
directory, then follow this link to your wiki.

----

Does anybody have an idea? I am clueless. PHP runs well on the host
site. I have done no shocking stuff to the MediaWiki page.

Regards,
- Jorgen