[Mediawiki-l] Changing the template per-page substitution limit?

Luis Casillas casillas at mercedsystems.com
Fri Aug 13 17:21:35 UTC 2004

Is there a way I can raise the limit on the max number of template
substitutions done in one page from 5 to something more useful for my
site in a configuration file?  I've managed to figure out that I can
raise it by modifying the code in exactly one place (the definition of
MAX_INCLUDE_REPEAT in includes/Parser.php), but I'd rather not have to
touch the code at all, even for something so trivial.

PS yes, I understand the attack that this limit protects again, and
have judged that in an in-house wiki where all the users are trusted,
the actuality of the limit hurts more than the possibility of an
attack.

--
Luis Casillas <casillas at mercedsystems.com>