[Mediawiki-l] Incomplete install of 1.3.0... code dies

Rowan Collins rowan.collins at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 17:13:57 UTC 2004

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 09:46:21 -0700, Bryan Yang <preyx at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I've tried repeatedly to install a fresh copy of 1.3.0 on my server, but I
> get a very strange problem. I enter the appropriate information into the
> fields (no SQL root pw), and click "install". Some text shows up, the
> browser indicates "Done", but no LocalSettings.php file is generated, and
> when using a manually generated LocalSettings.php, I receive a 404 error
> upon access of "index.php/MainPage". This problem occurs whether or not I
> delete the tables, delete/re-upload the files, etc. I have set CHMOD 777
> onto the /config/ directory as instructed.

This is rather a long-shot, but have you tried loading just
".../index.php" (as opposed to ".../index.php/Main_Page")? At the very
least, you might get a specific complaint out of PHP, rather than the
404 from Apache (which could just be caused by a lack of URL
rewriting, so that it is unable to convert index.php/foo to
index.php?title=foo).

--
Rowan Collins BSc
[IMSoP]