[Mediawiki-l] Access control feature

David Ross work at rossy.co.uk
Thu Aug 12 08:41:04 UTC 2004

Jean-Christian Imbeault wrote:
> Brion Vibber wrote:
>> I strongly advise you not to attempt to use MediaWiki for material
>> that you are legally obligated to keep private.
>
> Argh ... other than for ACL MediaWiki is perfect for our needs.

If it is for groups of people then why not use http authentication to
protect the entire installation.  I haven't looked at v1.3.x yet but I
can't see why you couldn't have multiple mediawiki installations that
share the same user table in one database but store all of their page
data in different databases.  It has been a month or two since I looked
at the database design in detail though.

David

http://www.lqwiki.org