[Mediawiki-l] Access control feature

Jean-Christian Imbeault jean-christian.imbeault at mizuho-sc.com
Thu Aug 12 04:50:26 UTC 2004

I am in need of ACL (access control) for mediawiki. I've looked through
the docs and mailing list and it seems that mediawiki doesn't have that
feature. Am I correct?

If I were to try and implement that feature how hard would it be? Would
it be easy to plug in to the current architecture or is this feature
something so foreign to mediawiki that integrating it would require a
lot of effort?

Oh, and I do realize that ACLs go against the spirit of a wiki. It's
just that we would like to use mediawiki internally but some information
must not be viewed by certain employees (legal reasons, NDAs, etc ...)

Thanks,

--
Jean-Christian Imbeault
Assistant Manager