[Mediawiki-l] Own Wiki / Customization / UTF-8 / ISO-8859-1

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Wed Aug 11 02:35:36 UTC 2004

Andreas Kotes wrote:
[snip]
> .. adding require_once("Database.php"); to LoadBalancer.php fixes the
> error and allows me to run the script - I choose '2', delete old
> messages and rebuild them from scratch. changes NOTHING, not even a text
> I changed completely. quite frustrating.

There's one more fix you have to make to get it working: move this line
from near the bottom of maintenance/commandLine.inc to near the top:

   define("MEDIAWIKI",true);

Some of the include files are guarded by a check for this variable to
protect against possible attacks by loading the files individual from
the outside. With the define at the bottom, important definitions were
being ignored and things don't work correctly.

Additionally to make the changes visible you'll have to manually clear
the objectcache table ('DELETE FROM objectcache').

(Fixes for these are in current CVS head and 1.3 branches, but anon CVS
is a little behind.)

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)