[Mediawiki-l] Installation hangs (MediaWiki 1.3.0beta6)

Johan Seland johan.seland at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 12:29:57 UTC 2004

Hello.

I am trying to install MediaWiki 1.3.0beta6 on my ISP account. This
makes it hard to modify php.ini (and to upgrade to anything higher
then PHP 4.2.3.)

I can properly launch the wiki/config/index.php file, and sets the
admin and database account. (I have a user on a MySQL DB.)

When I press "Install!" I get some output (appended at the end), and
then the pages finishes loading.

This could be the same problem as discussed in
http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/mediawiki-l/2004-June/000525.html
however it was not properly resolved back then (for all participant in
the discussion).

Here is the output after I pressed "Install!":

MediaWiki 1.3.0beta6 installation

Please include all of the lines below when reporting installation problems.
Checking environment...

    * WARNING: PHP 4.3.2 or higher is recommended. Older versions from
4.1.x up may work but are not actively supported. PHP 4.2.3: ok
    * PHP server API is apache; ok, using pretty URLs (index.php/Page_Title)
    * Have XML / Latin1-UTF-8 conversion support.
    * PHP is configured with no memory_limit.
    * Have zlib support; enabling output compression.
    * Couldn't find GD library or ImageMagick; image thumbnailing disabled.
    * Installation directory:
    * Script URI path: /johans/wiki
      Warning: $wgProxyKey is insecure

--