[Mediawiki-l] problems adding namespaces

Jared Nyland jnyland at novell.com
Mon Aug 9 23:49:07 UTC 2004

I have created the namespace just like that. When you do a search for
part of the name (New) is there away to make it show up at the bottom of
the page in Search in namespaces : area.

Thanks again
Jared

>>>tic at tictric.net 08/09/04 4:11 pm >>>
Am Mon, 09 Aug 2004 11:11:38 -0600 hat Jared Nyland <jnyland at novell.com>

geschrieben:

>Hi,
>I am having troubles trying to add namespaces to Mediawiki .1.2.4.  Can
>someone help me with the best way to add these or point me to some good
>documentation on this.

Just create a page like [[namespace:NewPage|]] and there you have it.
Every new page that's supposed to exist within that namespace needs to
be
preceeded by that 'namespace:' like you make a new help page by typing
[[help:helppage|]].

--tictric

>Thanks in advance
>Jared