[Mediawiki-l] 100% CPU runaway with filecache in 1.3.0beta6

Rene Pijlman rene at lab.applinet.nl
Sun Aug 8 07:35:23 UTC 2004

When I enable the file cache and request a page from Mediawiki,
the browser is waiting for the request forever. On the server
the page has been created in the cache. It's compressed and the
content looks fine (zcat'ed). There's an Apache process
continuously running at almost 100% CPU.

Without the filecache it works fine.

I noticed some discussion from early july about the status of
the filecache. Should it work now in beta6?

I have enabled the file cache by adding this to
LocalSettings.php:

  $wgShowIPinHeader = false;
  $wgUseFileCache = true;
  $wgFileCacheDirectory = "/home/rene/projects/carriere/cache";

This directory exists and is writable for Apache.

No other tweaks, it's a clean install (well, the database is
upgraded from beta5).

I'm using:
MediaWiki: 1.3.0beta6
PHP: 4.1.2 (apache)