[Mediawiki-l] mysql_thread_id error on Debian woody: upgrade to sarge unavoidable?

Ira Abramov nospam-MediaWiki-l-20040612 at ira.abramov.org
Sun Aug 8 05:29:35 UTC 2004

Quoting Rene Pijlman, from the post of Fri, 06 Aug:

> Unfortunately, there is no backport of PHP 4.3.x for woody on
> www.backports.org.

I use this: http://dotdeb.org

I find their response time to erratas is also very quick. I run MW
1/3beta3 on it with no ill effects.

> What's the best way to proceed? Install PHP 4.3 from source on
> woody? Or upgrade the machine to Debian sarge?

Do NOT upgrade a production server to testing! It has no security updates!
I had a major break-in when I upgraded to woody when it was still in
testing. a silly and easy crack that was fixed in stable a week before
this happend.

--
Hawaiian Sumo legend
Ira Abramov