[Mediawiki-l] Problems with some pages in the wikiname Namespace

Johannes Schlueter mediawiki at schlueters.de
Thu Aug 5 16:48:42 UTC 2004

Hi,

we've just installed the current MediaWiki Distribution on our site. Since the
name of our site includes a : the name of the Wiki includes one, too. I think
the colon in the name causes a problem.

The problem is that /some/ pages in the "our:wiki" namespace don't work. For
example the our:wiki:Bureaucrat log contains an empty page but gets listed as
recently changed. Other pages affected in that namespace include the FAQ and
the License terms, which ar listed on the bottom of every page. What
irritates me is the fact that some pages, like the How_to_edit_a_page in that
namespace work.

Now I'd like to know wether this problem can be fixed or if we should rename
the Wiki and if we rename it how this is done best - can I simply change the
LocalSettings.php or do I have to keep something in mind. While renaming I
would like if the already existing pages would stay since some authors
already worked on them.

Greets,
johannes