[Mediawiki-l] Blacklist pages from viewing?

P. Kerim friedman kerim.mail at oxus.net
Wed Aug 4 17:07:43 UTC 2004

I can think of one possibility:

Create two wikis and use interwiki links between the two of them. The
ones that you wish to keep private could be protected by .htaccess
authentication, requiring a password.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem easy to modify the list of recognized
interwiki links in MediaWiki. I know in TikiWiki there was an admin
page for this, but MediaWiki doesn't have one. All I could find was a
page where you can suggest sites to be added into the next release of
the code! Someone asked in the Talk page how to do this yourself, but
there is no answer. (Sorry to have so many references to TikiWiki. I
hate its bloat, which is why I'm now using MediaWiki, but some of the
many features it had are really quite useful - especially for
configuring your own setup.)

Cheers,

kerim