[Mediawiki-l] migrating mediawiki

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Thu Apr 29 19:26:07 UTC 2004

On Apr 29, 2004, at 03:16, Obando, David DE - EV wrote:
> currently I'm using Mediawiki 1.1.0 on a linux (debian) server. I want
> to migrate the wiki to another server (also debian) and would like to
> update the wiki to the current version 1.2.4.
>
> Is it possible to upgrade the wiki and use the old database? How do I
> migrate? I tried to dump and import the db and just copied the
> wiki-webtree but that didn't work.

To update some parts of the database structure, you'll have to run the
install (in-place installation script is web-accessible, in the config/
subdirectory -- preferably run this; or you can try to use the
update.php with a copy of your old LocalSettings.php, but be very very
careful).

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)