[Mediawiki-l] rebuildMessages.php

Evan Prodromou evan at wikitravel.org
Mon Apr 26 18:24:16 UTC 2004

    TR> Hi again, I still need help with this: How can I re-import the
    TR> de messages for a 1.2.4 wiki which was installed with
    TR> $wgUseDatabaseMessages = false and shall now be used with
    TR> $wgUseDatabaseMessages = true, but with a german UI?

I believe running the rebuildMessages.php script (from the command
line) in the maintenance directory should re-update the messages.

Be forewarned: using DB messages is pretty darn expensive in terms of
performance, unless you're using memcached. I really wish I could turn
them off, but 1.2.x seems to need them for {{msg:}} transclusion.

~ESP

--
Evan Prodromou <evan at wikitravel.org>
Wikitravel - http://www.wikitravel.org/