[Mediawiki-l] Blankness...

Xyanth xyanth at charter.net
Sat Apr 17 17:35:02 UTC 2004

Okay, before I explain my problem, I'll give my setup details.

Windows XP Professional
    Apache 2.0.49
    Php 4.3.6
    MediaWiki 1.2.3

Now, whenever I try to setup MediaWiki (from scratch), I'll configure it with no problems (At least, so it says), but after I run the install script from the /config directory and click on the 'Your wiki is setup!  Now go on to your wiki' link, it sends me to the index.php of the main directory.  But it only gives me a blank page in Internet Explorer.  Refreshing doesn't help.  I've tried manually fixing the problem but I have no clue what's causing it.  But it happens after the 'include_once('Localsettings.php');' is run in the Index.php.

I also tried running the 'classic' setup from scratch, and the classic setup DELETES all the data in the index.php file, just leaving it as a blank file sitting there.  It also deletes the data from several other files in the main directory of the Wiki.

Any clue what is going on?  I've searched the web and come up with very little to explain exactly what it is that's causing either of these problems.

Thanks,
Xy