[Mediawiki-l] How do I adjust the time on my Wiki?

Tim Pritlove tim at ccc.de
Mon Apr 12 20:46:13 UTC 2004

Can anybody describe how time is actually handled by MediaWiki?

- where is the current time taken from?
- how does wgLocalTZoffset relate to that time?
- how is daylight saving time integrated?

I would expect that I set up my server to provide UTC and MediaWiki to
handle all time as UTC internally as well. So wgLocalTZoffset is an
offset that is added on output.

On the other hand, shouldn't be this a user setting?

Greetings
Tim