[Mediawiki-l] Notice level fixes

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Thu Apr 1 06:24:49 UTC 2004

Okay, I've integrated a couple of the fixes for accidentally used
uninitialized  vars, but the rest is just our sloppy coding style using
uninitialized locals as empty data. :) Rather than introducing more
code changes to the stable release that don't alter the actual
functioning (and probably still leave notice messages when something
previously untested comes up), I'm going to add a switch that disables
the E_NOTICE error reporting level.

In 1.3 we've been changing the way that parameters are read from the
web request and cleaning up a lot of uninitialized locals and globals
along the way; one of the goals is to make everything run cleanly with
E_NOTICE on. If you'd like to pitch in there, it'd be best to grab the
head branch out of CVS and join the wikitech-l mailing list.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)