[Mediawiki-l] How can I remove PHPSESSID? How can I add a form to printable template?

Freerk freerk at gmx.net
Thu Nov 20 15:25:41 UTC 2003

Hello mediawiki-l,

     Thanks to Brion, I managed it to install a mirror of the German
     Wikipedia. To make it very simple, I configured the mod_rewrite
     with the .htacces so that everything links to the printable
     version. Since all the edit stuff isn't working anyway.

     Sometimes, when I open a link, I get the link with a
     ?PHPSESSID=9308d65a897e0712a32cfd or something like that in the
     end. How do I disable that? It makes the links longer, some search
     engines wont spider me and I don't want to track my visitors.

     My next question: I want to add a Google search form at the top
     of every site (http://www.google.com/intl/en/searchcode.html#both)
     I tried to just edit the LanguageDe.php since it contains the
     static text on the sites, but it didn't work out. Is the
     Skin.php the template? I couldn't figure it out how to add the
     html code there.

     Any help would be greatly appreciated!

--
Best regards,