[Mediawiki-l] Why run rebuildlinks.php after database update?

Freerk freerk at gmx.net
Sun Dec 7 20:56:17 UTC 2003

Hello mediawiki-l,

      On http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Download and other
      wikipedia download sites I found a tutorial on updating my local
      database with the wikipedia mysql dump. It says afterwords you
      have to do a "php rebuildlinks.php". But why? Well, I assume it
      rebuilds some links but which ones? I thought everything is
      dynamic in the database, and the only links are in the
      cur_table, which I updated with a mysql command.

      I didn't understand the php source, either.

      Or isn't it necessary? Thanks for your answers in advance.

--
Best regards,
 Freerk                          mailto:freerk at gmx.net