[Mediawiki-api] Mediawiki Wikipedia API bug

Robert Chin robert.chin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 00:02:16 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 4:54 PM, Roan Kattouw <roan.kattouw at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 1:36 AM, Robert Chin <robert.chin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> It would be really great if you
>> could allow us some flexibility in this area though -- could you maybe
>> put in a temporary workaround in action=parse to resolve the protocol
>> relative links?
> That might work. I'll look into that but it'll have to wait tomorrow,
> because it's almost 2am and I need sleep.

Thanks in advance for looking into this! I would be more than happy to
look and this and hand you a patch if it helps this temporary solution
get in.

> Right, so clients already use this hook to rewrite URLs, they'll just
> have to rewrite them differently? Sounds like that shouldn't be too
> hard.

Unfortunately not -- these callback only happen when users click on
links (and not when every resource on the page is loaded). I expect
that most developers will parse and modify or run a regular expression
on the page returned from api.php, or will write custom javascript to
rewrite image URLs.

Robert