[Mediawiki-api] the meaning of registration and editcount

Roan Kattouw roan.kattouw at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 10:24:48 UTC 2010

2010/12/14 Raymond Yee <raymond.yee at gmail.com>:
> What happened with User:Katr67 seems to be a bit different.  We can find a
> renaming event for User:Katr67
> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Log&type=renameuser&user=&page=User:Katr67&year=&month=-1&tagfilter=
> shows
>
> 03:31, 18 September 2010 Nihonjoe (talk | contribs) renamed User:Katr67 to
> "Valfontis" ‎ (53,420 edits. Reason: WP:CHU)
>
> However, the User:Katr67 account is not deleted (as was
> User:Penrithpanthers).  Instead, going to
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Katr67  redirects  to
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Valfontis  And we look up both users at
> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/api.php?action=query&list=users&ususers=Katr67|Valfontis&usprop=groups|editcount|gender|registration
> we get

This happens sometimes, usually due to the user being logged in while
they're being renamed or something, causing the old name to be
recreated. That doesn't seem to be the case here (timestamp mismatch)
so I'm not sure exactly what happened in this particular case; maybe
someone just recreated the account, simple as that.

Roan Kattouw (Catrope)