[Mediawiki-api] action=edit using curl

Tim McKenna mckenna.tim at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 02:00:13 UTC 2010

When I post from a form I have no trouble having action=edit work.

But when I send the same $postdata through a curl script I get: error
code="badtoken".

<?
$qstr=file_get_contents("php://input");

$url = "http://localhost:8888/hosted/hum211/api.php?action=edit";
$ch = curl_init();    // initialize curl handle
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL,$url); // set url to post to
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FAILONERROR, 1);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, 1);// allow redirects
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER,1); // return into a variable
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, 3); // times out after 4s
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POST, 1); // set POST method
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $qstr); // add POST fields
$result = curl_exec($ch); // run the whole process
curl_close($ch);
echo $result;
?>

To check I tried sending both not to api.php but to some php that would just
display the postfilelds. They look exactly alike.

Not sure what to do next.

Timothy S. McKenna
Humanities teacher
Parkway Academy of Technology and Health, a Boston Public High School
1205 VFW Parkway, Boston, MA 02132 rm404
tim at sitebuilt.net, http://sitebuilt.net
exp. course news on twitter, id: mrtmckenna
class wiki sites:
http://pathboston.com/hum3 Humanities 3
http://pathboston.com/hum2 Humanities 2
(617) 942-0103