[Mediawiki-api] Forbidden

Beebe, Mary J BeebeM at BATTELLE.ORG
Wed Feb 11 14:54:00 UTC 2009

I have received I a Forbidden Exception:

API must be accessed through the primary script entry point.

when I try to run the MediaWiki api on several different wikis on one of our servers.  The weird thing is that one wiki on the same server works fine.  I noticed back in July, 2008 that Alexander Schwarz had the same problem.   Someone told him to 'expose' the wiki root directory.  I tried that, but it did not work.  I am just trying to get api.php to work first without any parameters.

Some server specifications:
Windows server 2003 R2 Service Pack 1
Window XP on the work station.
IIS, php 5.2.8, mysql 5.0.22

I tried to post this question yesterday but I did not see it in my inbox.  Sorry if this is a duplicate.  This email has more information.

Thanks,
Mary Beebe