[Mediawiki-api] Disambiguations in Database

Brad Jorsch b-jorsch at northwestern.edu
Mon Feb 9 18:06:30 UTC 2009

On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 06:23:52PM +0100, Vanessa Tejada Muñoz wrote:

> I'd like to know which is the filed who defines a disambiguation
> link/page/element in the database.

There isn't one. MediaWiki:Disambiguationspage is used by MediaWiki when
it needs to make that determination (any page transcluding one of the
templates there is considered a disambiguation page). On enwiki, you can
also check the page for membership in [[:Category:All disambiguation pages]].

For a link, you have to determine if the target page is a disambiguation
page. I don't know what a "disambiguation element" might be.