[Mediawiki-api] Totals of loggable actions?

roan.kattouw at home.nl roan.kattouw at home.nl
Sun Aug 10 21:08:24 UTC 2008

---- Brianna Laugher <brianna.laugher at gmail.com> schrijft:
> Hi,
>
> Would it be possible to add to the API, the ability to report totals
> of particular log actions over given time periods?
> Actions: un/protect, un/block, file upload, page creation,
> un/deletion, un/assigning user rights, move, user creation, user
> rename.
> It could be fixed time periods (eg days, weeks, months) if constantly
> calculating them for arbitrary time periods was considered too
> intensive.

I'm sorry, but you're just gonna have to use the old-fashioned way of paging through list=logevents's output and counting stuff. Use lelimit=max and a bot/sysop account and you'll get 5000 entries per request.

> I often only want totals and having to page through results with heaps
> of detail I don't care about is a drag.
There are two things you can do about this. To prevent having to throw away lots of entries that don't match your criteria, use filtering parameters like letype. To get only the details you're interested in (saves bandwidth), use leprop. You can't set leprop to empty, unfortunately, but you can do something like leprop=ids to get very little data.

Roan Kattouw (Catrope)