[MediaWiki-announce] MediaWiki 1.12.0rc1 released

Brion Vibber brion at wikimedia.org
Tue Mar 11 22:38:32 UTC 2008

Ok, the release schedule got disrupted with all the busy Wikimedia
Foundation stuff over the last few months, but we're getting back on
track with this release candidate for the Winter 2008 quarterly release,
MediaWiki 1.12.

There's a *lot* of updates, small and large... Perhaps most significant
is a rewrite of much of the parser, changing how templates and
extensions are expanded. Among other things, this should ensure that
complex mixes of templates and HTML tables should render more similarly
between Wikipedia and default installations of MediaWiki.

For this release candidate, we're very interested to hear back about
regressions or problems with the installer / updaters. Note that, as
with most previous releases, you will have to run the updaters to apply
some database schema updates when you upgrade.

Full release notes:
http://svn.wikimedia.org/svnroot/mediawiki/tags/REL1_12_0RC1/phase3/RELEASE-NOTES

Download:
http://download.wikimedia.org/mediawiki/1.12/mediawiki-1.12.0rc1.tar.gz

GPG signatures:
http://download.wikimedia.org/mediawiki/1.12/mediawiki-1.12.0rc1.tar.gz.sig

SHA-1 checksums:
ee5c298a667b6fa476a5c6de9ddb4c23f2cfd03d mediawiki-1.12.0rc1.tar.gz

MD-5 checksums:
MD5 (mediawiki-1.12.0rc1.tar.gz) = a77fbae59e70f4623564c5d45bb1eb9f

Before asking for help, try the FAQ:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:FAQ

Low-traffic release announcements mailing list:
(Please subscribe to receive announcements of security updates.)

Wiki admin help mailing list: